Present day shows us the importance of good health and well-being and why it should be at the forefront of society. Â That is why at AIU we support the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set by UNESCO for 2030. Â They are fundamental for our survival and for ensuring a better life for future generations. These goals will create a world where we live abundant and fulfilled lives. Â We challenge our students to study them and to contribute to at least one of them when they graduate.
Optional Course Name:
UNESCOâ€s Sustainable Development Goal #3: Good Health & Well-Being
Due date of assignment: Within 3 days of receiving course.
Description of Course:
This course will focus on UNESCOâ€s 3rd Sustainable Development Goal, which is â€œGood Health & Well-Beingâ€ globally by 2030. How will education help to achieve this goal? What steps can we take as global citizens to ensure this goal is reached? These courses on UNESCOâ€s Sustainable Development Goals are important to understand the most important issues of our lifetime and to see a plan for solving them in our communities.
You will study the videos and answer the questions given below.
Video 1: UN Sustainable Development Goals | Good Health and Well Being
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klcaICeJA4 Video 2: 2030- SDG 3- Good Health and Well-being- Ted talks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRqD6bUOsqk Assignment Instructions: Please watch the videos above and prepare a 4-10-page essay answering the questions below. Once your assignment is ready, you will submit it via your student section for evaluation.
First, you add the course name above to your student section. On the home page of your student section there is a link that says, â€œAdd courses into Curriculumâ€. Click there. Then you will see a button to add the name of this course.
Then you submit the assignment through another link on your home page called â€œSubmit an assignmentâ€. You will choose the course name in the drop-down list. Then you choose to send the assignment â€œofflineâ€. Then you upload the file(s) from your computer to submit the assignment.
The assignment will include a cover page, introduction to the subject, conclusion and a bibliography of any sources used.
Answer these questions: (3 to 8 paragraphs for each question)
1. Â Â Why is UNESCOâ€s goal of Good Health & Well-Being important, in your opinion?
2. Â Â How extensive are health problems in the world?
3. Â Â What changes need to happen to end disease and high mortality rates?
4. Â Â Do you think it is possible to achieve Good health and low mortality rates around the world? Why or Why not?
5. Â Â How can education lead to a world with better health and well-being?
6. Â Â What objectives, principles and teaching techniques can be used in education to improve health and healthcare around the world?
7. Â Â How can education improve in your community so that the next generation has the tools and mindset to improve its health and healthcare?
Remember that you have to submit at least one assignment every month to stay active in AIU.
Note: This course can be completed to development your knowledge if you find this subject interesting. You can submit the assignment for 2 credits. The course name will appear on your AIU transcript. These are optional courses and can only be 30% of your total courses.
Copyright Â© 2020 Atlantic International University, All rights