1. Provide examples of experimental and nonexperimental research design. Contrast the levels of control applied to each.
2. Describe sampling theory and provide examples to illustrate your definition. Discuss generalizability as it applies to nursing research.
3. Compare independent variables, dependent variables, and extraneous variables. Describe two ways that researchers attempt to control extraneous variables. Support your answer with peer-reviewed articles.
4. describe the “levels of evidence” and provide an example of the type of practice change that could result from each.
5. The theoretical foundations of qualitative and quantitative methods are very different, but many researchers believe both methods should be used in the research study to increase validity and reliability. What advantages or disadvantages do you see in using both types of methods in a nursing study? Support your answer with current evidence-based literature.
6. According to the textbook, nurses in various settings are adopting a research-based (or evidence-based) practice that incorporates research findings into their decisions and interactions with clients. How do you see this being applied in your workplace?