Week 4 – History of Religious Oppression
Choose one time period and discuss the history of religious oppression.
1) Roman Imperial Period vs. Christianity (60 CE – 310 CE)
2) Christian oppression of pagans in Roman World (395 CE -476 CE)
3) The Crusades (12th century – 1100s)
4) Salem Witch Trials – Massachusetts (1692-1693)
5) Expulsion of the Jews and Muslims from Spain (1490-1493)
6) Anti-Semitism in Medieval Spain, France, England, Italy, Germany (choose one country only – 800-1392)
7) Romans versus Jews (20-200 CE)
8) Catholics vs. Huguenots in France (16th-17th centuries – 1500s-1600s)
9) Philadelphia Anti-Catholic Riot (1844)
10) Rohingya persecution Myanmar (2016-2018)
11) Kosovo Ethnic cleansing (1998-1999)
12) Rwanda Genocide (1994)
13) Muslim persecution in India (1954-1982)
14) Ottoman Persecution of Alevis (1481-1826)
15) Any of your choice with professor approval
Answer ALL of the following questions in essay format. 2-3 pages. APA format. 12 Font Times New Roman only. Number them on your paper.
All work must be properly cited and unless otherwise noted; do not include pure opinion.
1) Outline the basic history of the event(s). You can use a timeline or write it out.
2) Briefly describe the two opposing religions basic tenets.
3) How did the different beliefs, values and attitudes of the cultures add to the oppression?
4) How did the outcome of the conflict influence modern American ideas, beliefs and values?
5) Opinion – why do you think religion played such a major role in these conflicts?
The post Religious Oppression appeared first on MBA Nursing Papers.