Week 1 Project Essay—Using Primary Sources
Psychology is a science and is based on scientific methodologies.
Things to know:
- Primary sources are the actual articles written by the individuals doing the study.
- Secondary sources are articles written about the study (e.g., newspapers, magazines, blogs, Wikis, and trade journals).
- South University online library has extensive databases that should be used to find primary source articles. For help in finding articles, please click on the link to the Library where you will find research guides and information about how to ask for help.
- The difference between Primary vs Secondary resources
- How to do an article search (Library Search Quick Guide)
- Video guide to finding Scholarly/Peer Reviewed articles
- Locate one primary source study article that deals with behavior or psychology in general.
- The article should not be more than 5 to 6 years old.
- For your report, please provide a summary of the article that includes the purpose of the study (usually located in the beginning of the study), participants, methodology, and results. Conclude your report with your thoughts on the study.
Submit your essay in a Microsoft Word document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned. Cite your sources, if any, on a separate page using the APA format.
Name your document SU_PSY1001_W1_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
Primary Sources was first posted on April 2, 2020 at 10:15 am.
©2019 "Nursing Researcher". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org