Watch this week’s videos and read the assignments in preparation for this discussion.
Republicans have been undermining the ACA and oppose various Medicare-for-all proposals. In addition to party politics and differences, sections of the healthcare industry oppose certain changes in the Medicare-for-all options.
Using 500-750 words, write an initial post that describes the political alliances and positions by party and in the industry. In your analysis, include the financial arguments and the political/ideological arguments about the role of government versus the private sector changes that are intended to increase coverage. You must reference the KFF comparison of proposals.
Harvard School Public Health Lectures:
- Register for the free Harvard course, United States Health Policy.
- Follow the links to register and enroll as a student for this course.
- Select “View Archived Course.”
- Scroll down to see a list of sessions and topics listed under each session.
- Open Session 2.1: Medicare Parts A and B.
- Watch the videos in Topics 1–5 under Session 2.1.
- Open Session 2.2: Medicare Parts C and D.
- Watch the videos in Topics 1–6 under Session 2.2.
- Rudowitz, P. (2019). Medicaid Financing: The Basics Retrieved from http://files.kff.org/attachment/Issue-Brief-Medicaid-Financing-The-Basics
- KFF. (2019). Comparison of Medicare-for-all and Public Plan Proposals Retrieved from https://www.kff.org/interactive/compare-medicare-for-all-public-plan-proposals/
- Marshall, A., (2018). Unnecessary Medical Care: More Common Than You Might Imagine Retrieved from https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/02/01/582216198/unnecessary-medical-care-more-common-than-you-might-imagine
- Rand Health Care. Small Ideas for Saving Big Health Care Dollars Retrieved from https://www.rand.org/health-care/projects/small-ideas.html
- Faster Cures et al, (2018). A Closer Look at Alternative Payments Retrieved from https://www.fastercures.org/assets/Uploads/PDF/VC-Brief-AlternativePaymentModels.pdf
- Mitre Corporation, (2017). Alternative Payment Model Framework Retrieved from http://hcp-lan.org/workproducts/apm-refresh-whitepaper-final.pdf
- McConnell, J., Charlesworth, C., Meath, T., George, R., and Kim, H., (2018). Overview of Research on ACO Performance Retrieved from https://www.naacos.com/overview-of-research-on-aco-performance
- New York Times series on healthcare costs in the United States: These are all really interesting articles related to costs on colonoscopies, pregnancy, joint replacements, prescriptions, ER visits, dermatology, diabetes, and vaccines. Read at least one of these articles. Here is the link to the first in the series. Use the dropdown menu to the right of the article title to choose from other parts of the series: Rosenthal, E. (2013). The $2.7 trillion medical bill: Colonoscopies explain why U.S. leads the world in health expenditures. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/health/colonoscopies-explain-why-us-leads-the-world-in-health-expenditures.html
- Kaiser Family Foundation. (2012). Health care costs: Primer. Retrieved from http://kff.org/health-costs/issue-brief/health-care-costs-a-primer/
- Gawande, A. (2015). Overkill. Retrieved from http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/05/11/overkill-atul-gawande
- Sawyer, B., & Cox, C. (2016, November 30). Despite lower rates of access barriers for some groups, health costs remain a concern for many Americans [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://www.healthsystemtracker.org/2016/11/despite-lower-rates-of-access-barriers-for-some-groups-health-costs-remain-a-concern-for-many-americans/
- Cassidy, A. (2015). Bundled payments for care improvement initiative. Health Affairs. Retrieved from http://www.healthaffairs.org/healthpolicybriefs/brief.php?brief_id=148
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Politics Of Opposition appeared first on Health Term Papers.