Assignment 3: Policy Position PowerPoint Presentation
Due Week 6 and worth 140 points
Select one of the following topics for this assignment:
· What are globalization’s effects on wages and inequality, on social safety nets, on production, and on innovation?
· How does globalization affect relations between developed countries and developing countries?
· How does globalization affect democracy?
Be sure that your selected topic has a clear division of opinion and is arguable with facts and inductive reasoning. Use the Internet and/or Strayer databases to conduct research on your topic. Look for informative resources, as well as statistical ones.
The purpose of a policy position presentation is to generate support for an issue. It describes a position on an issue and the rationale for that position. In writing about this issue, you must examine your opinion of the issue critically. Prior to creating your policy position presentation, define and limit your issue carefully. Use the Internet and/or Strayer databases to research your issue thoroughly. Consider feasibility, cost-effectiveness, and political/social climate when evaluating possible solutions and courses of action.
Include the following sections in your policy position presentation:
· Introduction (identification of the issue and statement of the position)
· Body (supporting research and presentation of both sides of the issue)
· Conclusion (summarize the main issue and suggest policy actions/alternatives)
Create a 7–10-slide presentation in which you do the following:
1. Provide a brief overview of your selected issue.
2. Use statistical evidence to support your position, and validate your position with peer-reviewed references.
3. Examine the major strengths and major weaknesses of each issue.
4. Identify the stakeholders.
5. Evaluate the effectiveness of two possible solutions and suggest two courses of action.
6. Supply a narrative in the Notes section of each information slide describing what you would say if you were presenting in person.
7. Provide at least three reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references that support the presentation’s claims.
8. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides.
b. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
c. Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow the APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
· Recommend a policy position that is supported by evidence and analysis.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric