Agenda Comparison Grid
Identify the Population Health concern you selected.
Health care cost
Describe the Population Health concern you selected and the factors that contribute to it.
Middle class to low income American
This population was chosen as it is the most affected by health care costs in todays society
Administration (President Name)
George W. Bush
Describe the administrative agenda focus related to this issue for the current and two previous presidents.
· He promises replace Obama care allowing the consumer to have insurers fighting for their business making it more affordable for the middle class to low income family
· Eliminate insurance fees for the consumer who does not have a health insurance policy
· Eliminated the payments made to the insurers that made it more likely for them to be involved hit the health market
· He allowed short term plans to be available for people up to three years.
· He is making price transparency easier for the consumer to understand, which drives down the cost and drives up the quality of service provided
· Prescription drug prices are dropping making them more affordable.
· Requires hospitals to make their prices available online so the consumer can shop around
· Forcing insurance providers to must provide cost estimates to the public to give them an idea of what they will be paying out of pocket
· He promised to make affordable health care a right for the consumer but not a privilege.
· Allowed children until the age of 26 to be covered by their parent’s insurance
· Prohibited the cancellation of policies for people with costly illnesses
· Established a health insurance marketplace
· Required all Americans who could afford insurance to purchase it which he expected to drive the cost of insurance down
· Expanded community health centers and provided incentives for primary care doctors to practice in communities in need
· Covered HIV testing and treatment
· Established finical assistance for those who cannot afford insurance without it.
· Gave tax credits to small business owners who provided insurance to their staff.
· Had payments from Medicare patients linked to quality of care
· Eliminated coverage denials due to pre-existing conditions
· He promised to expand coverage, improve cost, and improve quality of care.
· Created the tax-free Health Savings Account (HSA) which eliminated out of pocket tax payments for health care items for the consumer
· Made the price transparent to the consumer allowing them to know what they paid and what the insurance paid to the doctor
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
Health concern was first posted on March 24, 2020 at 8:21 am.
©2019 "Nursing Researcher". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com